The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 9:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Doug Peck, Vice Chairman
Scott A. Briggs, Commissioner *by phone Tammy Vopat, County Clerk
Dan Williams, County Controller Michael Halleran, Asst. Co. Counselor
Scott Carson, Appraiser’s Office
Others attending the meeting:
Jackie Leffler, former County Commissioner Jacob Welsh, Crosswinds Board
Amanda Cunningham, Crosswinds Janice Huffman, Human Resources
Elizabeth Tata, H.R. Intern
Call to Order/ Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as presented. Martin/Peck 3-0
Motion: To Approve the Consent Agenda as presented. Martin/Peck 3-0
a) Approve the minutes of the 5-19-2022 meeting.
Motion: To Approve Warrants Payable 5-27-2022 in the amount of $377,611.21. Peck/Briggs 3-0
Motion: To Approve Payroll Payable 5-27-2022 in the amount of $313,870.59. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Motion: To Approve Payroll Withholdings Payable 5-27-2022 in the amount of $461,364.55.
Appointments: no action taken
Personnel changes: no action taken
Permits: no action take
Jackie Leffler presented Commissioners with information related to the budgeting process and levies.
• Attended the Council on Aging meeting on Monday
• Met with Road & Bridge Dept for a project
• Wednesday, I participated in Keep it a Safe Summer
• Today I will attend a meeting with Road & Bridge Dept
• Next Tuesday is the Fairgrounds Foundation meeting
• Lots of calls on county roads
• We will have a Study Session next Wednesday
• No report
• Monday is the Memorial Day ceremony
• Working on the tax abstract for the state
• The election process is going very well. The candidate filing deadline for local positions is next Wednesday, June 1st at noon.
• Sales tax numbers are up from last month
• No report
Public comment: no one present
Break from 9:50 a.m. until 10:00 a.m.
Amanda Cunningham and Jacob Welsh presented Commissioners with a request to consider the Crosswinds Counseling & Wellness 2023 budget request in the amount of $408,000.00.
Motion: To move to Non-Elected Personnel Executive Session for data exchange with Commissioners and Counselor Halleran, to return at 10:25 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 10:20 a.m.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session for confidential data exchange with Commissioners, Controller Williams, and Counselor Goodman, to return at 10:50 a.m. Martin/Peck 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 10:50 a.m.
Motion: To Adjourn. Martin/Briggs 3-0
There being no further business before the Board, the next Study Session will take place on June 1st at 9:00 a.m. and the Action Session on Thursday, June 2, 2022 at 9:00 a.m.
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Master Clerk Lyon County Commission