The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 9:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Doug Peck, Vice Chairman
Scott A. Briggs, Commissioner Tammy Vopat, County Clerk
Marc Goodman, County Counselor
Others attending the meeting:
Shane Brunner, LCAT Zach Deloach, Gazette reporter
Ryan Janzen, Appraiser
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as presented. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Motion: To Approve the Minutes of the 10-28-2021 meeting. Briggs/Peck 3-0
Motion: To Approve Warrants Payable 11-5-2021 in the amount of $826,348.77. Peck/Briggs 3-0
Appointments: Commissioners discussed board appointments.
Motion: To Appoint Sally Anderson to the Lyon County Council on Aging for a term to expire 12-31-2024.
Personnel changes: no action taken.
Permits: no applications received.
Shane Brunner presented Commissioners with a request to consider signing the fiscal 2023 Grant for Lyon County Area Transportation and approval for the local match funds.
Motion: To Approve the Certification of Local Funding Sources for Operating/Administrative Assistance and authorize Shane Brunner signature authority for grant applications. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Motion: To Approve Local Matching Funds for the Lyon County Area Transportation in the amount of $229,090.00 to be paid from the General Fund 010-63/64. Martin/Peck 3-Note: This is for the 2023 Fiscal Year.
Chip Woods presented Commissioners with a request to consider a bid for signposts and hardware. Chip discussed painting the edges of the steps at the Northeast entrance of the courthouse due to comments to the ADA Coordinator.
Motion: To Approve the bid from National Sign Company for $7.096.50 for UNISTRUT Signposts and Hardware to be paid from Fund 041-00-8235. Briggs/Peck 3-0
Commissioners gave direction for Chip Woods to paint the edges of the steps at the northeast entrance of the courthouse for ADA compliancy.
Public comment: no one present.
Ryan Janzen presented Commissioners with a request to consider approving the renewal of the mapping maintenance contract with ESRI. This will allow mapping services for several Lyon County Departments to use.
Motion: To Approve the renewal contract between Lyon County, Kansas and ESRI for mapping maintenance in the amount of $8,338.08 to be paid from Funds: Appraiser 010-25-7652 $5,900.00; Clerk 010-21-7280 738.08, Zoning 010-15-7652 $400.00, and Road & Bridge 011-00-7661 in the amount of $1,300.00. Martin/Briggs 3-0
• Attended the JEDAC meeting on Tuesday morning.
• I attended the election night tabulation at the courthouse. Thank you to the election volunteers for their work.
• Next week is the Canvass of the election at 9:00 a.m. in the commission chambers.
• Wednesday, November 10th will be the Action Session for the Commission.
• The Veterans Day Parade is at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday.
• Next week is the Lyon County Extension meeting.
• The Fair Board meeting is on Monday.
• I noticed that Lyon County election results were in early. Good job to all the election workers.
• No report.
• The 2021 tax roll is complete and has been transferred to the Treasurer for collection.
• The 2021 City/School General Election went very well and resulted in 25% turnout. The Canvass will take place on Tuesday, November 9th at 9:00 a.m.
• I attended the JEDAC meeting.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session for confidential data exchange with Commissioners and Counselor Goodman, to return to commission chambers at 10:45 a.m. Martin/Peck 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 10:45 a.m.
Motion: To Adjourn from commission chambers at 10:55 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
There being no further business before the Board, the next Action Session will take place on WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2021, AT 9:00 A.M.
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Master Clerk Lyon County Commission