The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 9:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Scott A. Briggs, Vice Chairman
Dan Slater, Commissioner Tammy Vopat, County Clerk
Marc Goodman, County Counselor
Others attending the meeting:
Doug Peck, resident Phill Mott, resident
Adam Blake, Gazette reporter Jarrod Fell, Emergency Manager
Tagan Trahoon, KVOE reporter Mark McKenna, Facilities Manager
Linda Forbes, resident
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as amended. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Motion: To Approve the Minutes of the 11-5-2020 meeting. Briggs/Martin 2-0
Motion: To Approve Warrants Payable 11-13-2020 in the amount of $175,108.37. Briggs/Martin 2-0
Motion: To Approve Payroll Withholdings Payable 11-13-2020 in the amount of $203,877.21. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Motion: To Approve Payroll Payable 11-13-2020 in the amount of $285,334.29. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Appointments: Commissioners discussed board appointments
Motion: To Appoint Patricia Nelson to the North Central-Flint Hills Area Agency on Aging Inc. Board for a 2-year term. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Motion: To Approve a Letter of Support for Crosswinds Counseling & Wellness grant application for Kansas Department of Transportation. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Motion: To Approve the minutes of the 2020 General Election Canvass.
Commissioners thanked Election Office Vopat and staff for a job well done.
Personnel changes: no action taken.
Permits: no applications received.
Jarrod Fell presented Commissioners with a request to consider approve the EOC Enhancement Grant Project.
Motion: To Approve the expenditures for the Emergency Operations Center Enhancement Grant in the amount of $24,150.00 to be paid from Fund 017-00-9011. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Motion: To move to Non-Elected Personnel Executive Session with Commissioners and Mark McKenna, to return at 9:40 a.m. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Meeting reconvened at 9:40 a.m.
Public comment: Phill Mott commented on the success of the election.
• I would like to read a letter of resignation from Commissioner Dan Slater. Commissioner Martin read the letter of resignation.
• I received phone calls related to the Americus Road.
• On Monday I participated in the Canvass and the Lyon County Extension Board meeting.
• Last Tuesday I attended the Fair Board Foundation meeting.
• I attended the Emporia Veterans Day activities along with the City of Olpe Veterans Day ceremony.
• Next week we will give a recommendation of the Cares Act distribution.
• Monday was the Fair Board meeting.
• I also attended the canvass.
• Attended the Veterans Day ceremony.
• Thank you to the Cares Act board members for their work.
• Working on election abstracts and waiting for assistance from the state to correct their files so I can properly upload our tax file.
• I participated in the Veterans Day parade.
• RDA meeting is tomorrow.
Motion: To move to Non-Elected Personnel Executive Session with Commissioners, Counselor Goodman and Sam Seeley, to return at 10:15 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 10:15 a.m.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session with Commissioners, Counselor Goodman and Controller Williams (Controller Williams by phone), to return at 11:00 a.m. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Meeting reconvened at 11:00 a.m. with a request for an extension, to return at 11:30 a.m. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Meeting reconvened at 11:30 a.m. with a request for an extension, to return at 11:45 a.m. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Meeting reconvened at 11:45 a.m. with information and direction.
Motion: To Adjourn. Martin/Briggs 2-0
There being no further business before the Board, the next Action Session will take place on November 19, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Master Clerk Lyon County Commission