The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 9:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Scott A. Briggs, Vice Chairman
Dan Slater, Commissioner Tammy Vopat, County Clerk
Marc Goodman, County Counselor Dan Williams, County Controller
Michael Halleran, Asst. Co. Counselor
Others attending the meeting:
Phill Mott, resident Robert McClelland, resident
Carissa McClelland, resident Susan Fowler, resident
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as presented. Martin/Slater 3-0
Motion: To Approve the Minutes of the 1-23-2020 meeting as corrected. Briggs/Slater 3-0
Motion: To Approve Warrants Payable 1-31-2020 in the amount of $103,127.78.
Appointments: no action taken.
Motion: To Approve the 2019 Americus, Center, Fremont, Ivy and Emporia Township Annual Reports. Slater/Briggs 3-0
Commissioners discussed a request for a letter of support for the City of Emporia and the Industrial Park III.
Motion: To Approve a Letter of Support for a grant application for the City of Emporia and the City’s Industrial Park III and the Kansas Department of Transportation. Briggs/Slater 3-0
Personnel changes: Commissioners discussed personnel changes.
Motion: To Approve the Personnel Change Authorizations as presented.
Permits: no applications received.
• Monday evening is the Soil Conservation meeting.
• Historical Society Annual meeting is next month.
• Received several calls related to the road viewing.
• I will attend the Soil Conservation dinner on Monday.
• I attended the Council on Aging meeting. We reviewed the appointments list.
• I received a thank you note from Main Street on their appropriation from the county.
• Received calls related to road conditions.
• Thank you to Election Officer, Tammy Vopat for the information on the polling place changes.
• I was unable to attend the Health Board meeting.
• Sales tax numbers are solid.
• I met with City of Emporia City Manager
• I attended the Legislative Reception in Topeka on Tuesday and Wednesday.
• JEDAC meeting is Tuesday.
Chip Woods presented Commissioners with two requests for gravel, one for Road 70 from Road R5 east for 355 yards and one for Road “G” between Road 230 and 240 and would like direction. Commissioners gave direction to proceed.
Public comment: Robert McClelland talked about the US Cellular accessibility.
Susan Fowler commented on her appreciation of the road conditions in her area.
Motion: To move to Non-Elected Personnel Executive Session with Commissioners, Counselor Goodman and Controller Williams, to return at 10:25 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 10:15 a.m.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session for Confidential Data with Commissioners, Controller Williams and Counselor Goodman, to return at 11:00 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 11:00 a.m.
Motion: To Adjourn. Martin/Slater 3-0
There being no further business before the Board, the next Action Session will take place on Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Master Clerk Lyon County Commission