The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 9:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Scott A. Briggs, Vice Chairman
Dan Slater, Commissioner Tammy Vopat, County Clerk
Marc Goodman, County Counselor Dan Williams, County Controller
Michael Halleran, Asst. Co. Counselor
Others attending the meeting:
Lyon County Employees
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as presented. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Motion: To Approve the Minutes of the 12-12-2019 meeting. Slater/Briggs 3-0
Motion: To Approve Warrants Payable 12-20-2019 in the amount of $636,676.69. Briggs/Slater 3-0
Appointments: Commissioners discussed information regarding board appointments.
Personnel changes: no action taken.
Permits: no applications received.
• RDA meeting was last Friday. Thank you to Pat Wiederholt for his service in the board.
• Flint Hills Regional Health meeting was on Monday.
• Merry Christmas to everyone.
• Next week is the Council on Aging meeting.
• I received the annual dues from the Kansas Association of Counties the Commission needs to consider.
• Received thank you cards from ESU students who received scholarships.
• Road & Bridge had their Christmas celebration which was very nice.
• Tomorrow I will attend the funeral of a Geary County Commissioner.
• I participated in the State Emergency Operations Exercise yesterday at the Sheriff’s Office.
• Merry Christmas everyone!
• I attended the RDA meeting last Friday.
• There were properties that did not sell at the tax sale. Need to consider what action to take on the properties.
• Merry Christmas!
• No report.
Motion: To move to Non-Elected Personnel Executive Personnel Exception Session with Commissioners and Controller Williams, to return at 10:10 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 10:10 a.m.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session for Confidential Data with Commissioners, Counselor Goodman, Counselor Halleran and Controller Williams, to return at 10:40 a.m. Martin/Slater 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 10:43 a.m.
Janice Huffman welcomed the employees and thanked them for their service. Commissioner Martin read the letter of appreciation for our employees.
Employee Recognition Ceremony: Commissioners recognized 10 employees with 5 years of service; 6 employees with 10 years of service; 5 employees with 15 years of service; 2 employees with 20 years of service; 4 employees with 25 years of service; 3 employees with 30 years of service and 2 employees with 40 years of service.
Motion: To Adjourn. Martin/Briggs 3-0
There being no further business before the Board, the next Action Session will take place on Thursday, December 26, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Master Clerk Lyon County Commission