The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 8:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Scott A. Briggs, Vice Chairman
Dan Slater, Commissioner Tammy Vopat, County Clerk
Marc Goodman, County Counselor Dan Williams, County Controller
Michael Halleran, Asst. Co. Counselor
Others attending the meeting:
Tagan Trahoon, KVOE reporter Linzi Garcia, Gazette reporter
Jim Brull, Road & Bridge
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as presented. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Motion: To Approve the Minutes of the 8-8-2019 meeting. Briggs/Slater 3-0
Motion: To Approve Warrants Payable 8-16-2019 in the amount of $224,260.89. Slater/Briggs 3-0
Appointments: no action taken.
Commissioners discussed the appointment
Motion: To Appoint Commissioner Scott A. Briggs as Kansas Association of Counties Delegate and Commissioner Rollie Martin as the 1st Alternate and Commissioner Dan Slater as the 2nd Alternate. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Personnel changes: no action taken.
Permits: no applications received.
• RDA meeting was last Friday.
• The Prairie Street bridge is now open.
• I attended several fair events.
• I received letters from WSU to register for a workshop at the Flint Hills Technical College.
• I attended a meeting with Southern Power representatives, received compliments for Jim Brull and Sam Seeley on their work.
• I met with Burlington Northern representatives regarding zoning issues.
• The USD #253 Bond Election has been postponed until the November General Election.
• I will attend the tax software conference in Wichita next week.
• Attended the RDA meeting last Friday.
• Met with IMA on strategy for insurance renewals.
• Working with fair staff.
Motion: To move to Legal Confidential Data Executive Session with Commissioners, Counselor Goodman, Counselor Halleran, Controller Williams and Sam Seeley, to return at 9:00 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 9:00 a.m.
Motion: To Table the Agenda item to consider the Lyon County Audit to next week on August 22nd. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Note: This is due to the sudden unavailability of the auditor.
Motion: To move to Legal Confidential Data Executive Session with Commissioners, Counselor Goodman, Counselor Halleran, Controller Williams and Sam Seeley, to return at 9:30 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 9:30 a.m.
Public comment: no one present.
Motion: To move to Legal Confidential Data Executive Session with Commissioners, Counselor Goodman, Controller Williams and Counselor Halleran, to return at 11:00 a.m. Martin/Slater 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 11:00 a.m. with a request for an extension, to return at 11:30 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 11:33 a.m.
Motion: To Adjourn. Martin/Slater 3-0
There being no further business before the Board, the next Action Session will take place on August 22, 2019
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Master Clerk Lyon County Commission