The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 8:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Scott A. Briggs, Vice Chairman
Dan Slater, Commissioner Tammy Vopat, County Clerk
Marc Goodman, County Counselor Dan Williams, County Controller
Michael Halleran, Asst. Co. Counselor
Others attending the meeting:
Linzi Garcia, Gazette reporter Chip Woods, County Engineer
Tagan Trahoon, KVOE reporter
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as amended. Martin/Slater 3-0
Motion: To Approve the Minutes of the 8-1-2019 meeting. Briggs/Slater 3-0
Motion: To Approve Warrants Payable 8-9-2019 in the amount of $438,793.98. Briggs/Slater 3-0
Motion: To Approve Payroll Payable 8-9-2019 in the amount of $271,636.70.
Motion: To Approve Payroll Withholdings Payable 8-9-2019 in the amount of $197,039.92. Martin/Slater 3-0
Personnel changes: no action taken.
Permits: no applications received.
• Receiving several calls regarding roads, fairgrounds and the wind farm.
• I attended the JEDAC meeting on Tuesday.
• The Lyon County Fair is this week.
• Receiving calls about the Prairie Street bridge.
• Northeast Kansas County Officials meeting is September 6th.
• RDA meeting is tomorrow.
• Attended JDAC meeting.
• RDA meeting is tomorrow.
• Met with Motorola representatives and City Officials regarding radios.
• Working on fairground issues that come up during the fair.
• I was asked to offer a voter registration drive for the USD #253 faculty breakfast on Monday.
• Tuesday I was on KVOE discussing the upcoming bond election process. Ballots will be mailed on August 16th.
• Working on the details for the NECKO meeting on Sept. 6th.
Chip Woods presented Commissioners with an entrance application for consideration in the 2400 Block of Road F.
Motion: To Approve the Entrance Application for Joe Zumbrum in the 2400 Block of Road F, Americus Road. Martin/Slater 3-0
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session for Confidential Data with Commissioners, Sam Seeley, Controller Williams, Asst. Counselor Halleran and Counselor Goodman, to return at 9:00 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 9:00 a.m.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session for Confidential Data with Commissioners, Controller Williams, Asst. Counselor Halleran and Counselor Goodman, to return at 9:30 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 9:33 a.m.
Public comment: no one present.
Motion: To Appoint Duane Henrikson to the Emporia Community Foundation Board of Trustees as the Lyon County Representative for a 4-year term from 1-1-2020 to 12-31-2023. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Note: Chip Evens previously held this position on the board.
Motion: To Adjourn. Martin/Slater 3-0
There being no further business before the Board, the next Action Session will take place on August 15, 2019.
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Master Clerk Lyon County Commission