The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 8:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Scott A. Briggs, Vice Chairman
Dan Slater, Commissioner Tammy Vopat, County Clerk
Marc Goodman, County Counselor Dan Williams, County Controller
Michael Halleran, Asst. Co. Counselor
Others attending the meeting:
Linzi Garcia, Gazette reporter Tagan Trahoon, KVOE reporter
Gary Woods, KVOE reporter
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as presented. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Motion: To Approve the Minutes of the 6-27-2019 meeting. Slater/Briggs 3-0
Motion: To Approve Warrants Payable 7-5-2019 in the amount of $746,558.41. Briggs/Slater 3-0
Appointments: no action taken.
Personnel changes: no action taken.
Permits: no applications received.
• Busy week next week Rails to Trails and Main Street meetings coming up.
• I attended the JEDAC meeting last Tuesday.
• City/County meeting is next week.
• Received a phone call related to flood damage and restoring a county road.
• The Lyon County Extension Board meeting is coming up.
• Fair Board meeting is next week.
• Saturday was the Reading Tornado Trot which was a good event.
• Next Wednesday is the road viewing on Road U.
• Next Thursday I will attend the Local Emergency Planning meeting.
• Working on the Northeast Kansas County Officials meeting in September.
• I attended the JEDAC meeting on Tuesday.
• RDA is in two weeks.
• Tuesday is the Community Corrections Advisory Board meeting.
• No report.
Motion: To move to Non-Elected Personnel Exception Executive Session with Commissioners and Counselor Halleran, to return at 8:35 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 8:35 a.m.
Motion: To move to Non-Elected Personnel Exception Executive Session with Commissioners and Janice Huffman, to return at 8:50 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 8:50 a.m.
Dan Williams discussed with Commissioners the 2020 Lyon County Budget.
Public comment: no one present.
Commissioners continued budget discussions and made suggested adjustments to the budget.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Confidential Session with Commissioners, Controller Williams, Counselor Halleran and Counselor Goodman, to return at 10:00 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 10:00 a.m.
Motion: To Adjourn. Martin/Slater 3-0
There being no further business before the Board, the next Study Session will take place on July 10, 2019 and the Action Session on July 11, 2019.
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Master Clerk Lyon County Commission