Resolution No. 20-11
A RESOLUTION PROVIDING A GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE UNDER THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT FOR LYON COUNTY
WHEREAS, the Board of County Commissioners of Lyon County, Kansas met in due and regular session on the 22nd day of December, 2011;and
WHEREAS, the Board of County Commissioners of Lyon County, Kansas has found that it is in the better public interest that a grievance procedure be established for Lyon County government for the Americans with Disabilities Act.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, ORDERED, AND ORDAINED by the Board of County Commissioners of Lyon County, Kansas, that the following grievance procedure is authorized as the sole grievance procedure under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Complaints should be addressed to the Lyon County Clerk, 430 Commercial Street, Emporia, Kansas, 66801; with a copy sent to the ADA Compliance Coordinator, Warren Chip Woods, 500 South Prairie Street, Emporia, Kansas, 66801; voice telephone (620) 341-8220, who has been designated to coordinate ADA compliance efforts.
- A complaint shall be filed in writing, containing the name and address of the person filing the complaint, and briefly describe the alleged violation of the regulations, and the building or department where the alleged violation occurred.
- A complaint shall be filed within fourteen (14) calendar days after the complainant becomes aware of the alleged violation.
- An investigation, as may be appropriate, will follow a filing of a complaint. The investigation will be conducted by the ADA Compliance Coordinator. These rules contemplate an informal but thorough investigation, affording all interested persons and their representatives, if any, an opportunity to submit evidence relevant to a complaint.
- A written determination as the validity of the complaint and a description of the resolution, if any, will be issued by the ADA Compliance Coordinator, and a copy will be forwarded to the complainant no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the filing of the complaint.
- The Lyon County Clerk will maintain the files and records of the county relating to the complaints files, with ADA Compliance Coordinator maintaining a duplicate record relating to the complaints filed.
- The complainant may request a reconsideration of the case in instances where he/she is dissatisfied with the resolution. The request for reconsideration shall be made to the County Counselor within fourteen (14) calendar days after complainant receives the written determination.
- The right of a person to a prompt and equitable resolution of the complaint filed hereunder will not be impaired by the person’s pursuit of other remedies.
- These rules shall be construed to protect the substantive right of interested persons, meet appropriate due process standards, and assure that the County of Lyon complies with the ADA and its implementing regulations.
This resolution adopted this 22nd day of December, 2011.
Signed, BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS LYON COUNTY, KANSAS
SCOTT A. BRIGGS, Chairman
TERESA WALTERS, Member
ROLLIE MARTIN, Member
TAMMY VOPAT, Lyon County Clerk