The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met for Action Session at 8:00 a.m.
in the Commission Chambers with following people in attendance.
Rollie Martin, Chairman Scott A. Briggs, Commissioner
Tammy Vopat, County Clerk Marc Goodman, County Counselor Dan Williams, County Controller Michael Halleran, Asst. Co. Counselor
*Dan Slater, Vice Chairman absent
Others attending part of the meeting:
John Robinson, Gazette reporter Chip Woods, County Engineer
Jim Brull, Road & Bridge Dick Ross, Road & Bridge
Erin Starr, Dept. on Aging Janice Huffman, Human Resources
Nadine M Buell, Deputy Co. Clerk Jeff Cope, Sheriff
Jarrod Fell, Emergency Manager Chuck Samples, KVOE
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as presented. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Motion: To Approve Warrants Payable 2-3-2017 in the amount of $83,919.52.
Personnel changes: no action taken.
Permits: no applications received.
Motion: To Approve the Minutes of the 1-26-2017 meeting. Briggs/Martin 2-0
• Tomorrow is the meeting with ESU and Fort Riley at the Sauder Alumni Center.
• Working with Fair Board on the Facilities meetings.
• Soil Conservation Annual meeting is Monday evening.
• Fair Board meeting is coming up.
• I will also attend the Soil Conservation Annual meeting.
• Received thank you from the Kansas Historical Center for the donation to the William Allen White House.
• JEDAC meeting is Tuesday.
• Next Wednesday is the Lyon County Extension Board meeting.
• No report.
• JEDAC meeting is Tuesday.
• There will be several trials coming up.
• We were notified by Judge Wheeler that all filings are now required to be done electronically.
• Sales tax numbers are down slightly.
• Met with rural housing incentives.
• I approved 2 items for District Court for electronic equipment for judges and Register of Deeds office changes.
• I will attend a workshop for the CDBG in Salina.
• February 13th is the Urban Collaborative and Lyon County will be on the radio.
Motion: To Approve the 2016 Annual Township Reports for Center, Fremont, Reading, Waterloo, Americus and Ivy Townships. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Chip Woods presented the Commission with a quote for a wing mower; consider the current policy for excavation; a quote for used grader; recycle trailer tally and crushed rock distribution.
Motion: To Rescind the Approval of the quote from PrairieLand Partners John Deere for the purchase of a 2016 Schulte XH1000 wing mower for $18,490.00. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Note: This was previously approved on November 17, 2016.
Motion: To Approve the quote from Sellers Equipment for the purchase of a 2016 Schulte XH1000 wing mower in the amount of $18,850.00 to be paid from the Multi-Year Fund 017-00-9026. Briggs/Martin 2-0
Commissioner discussed the current policy for excavation for section corner stones and gave directions. The county is statutorily responsible for maintaining the corners. Commissioners asked Jim Brull to follow up.
Motion: To Approve the quote from Foley Equipment Company for a used 1998 Caterpillar Model 140H Motor Grader and trade in D-118, a 2007 Komatsu Grader for $50,500.00, to be paid from the Multi-Year Fund 017-00-9026. Briggs/Martin 2-0
Erin Starr presented Commissioners with a request to consider the Senior Center Allocation Plan and Area Agency Senior Care Act and Administrative Match allocations for 2017.
Motion: To Approve the funding for the NCFHAAA in the amount of $22,818.00 to be paid from Fund 010-61-7603. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Motion: To Approve the Senior Center Allocation Plan for 2017 in the amount of $63,000.00 to be paid from Fund 010-61-7656. Briggs/Martin 2-0
Note: This information was presented to the Council on Aging.
Motion: To move to NEP Executive Session with Commissioners, Janice Huffman and Michael Halleran to return at 9:15 a.m. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Meeting reconvened at 9:16 a.m.
Motion: To move to NEP Executive Session with Commissioners, Marc Goodman, Dan Williams, and Janice Huffman, to return at 9:36 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 9:37 a.m.
Public Comment: no one present.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session with Commissioners, Marc Goodman, Mike Halleran, Jerrod Fell, and Jeff Cope, to return at 10:15 a.m. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Meeting reconvened at 10:14 a.m.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session with Commissioners, Marc Goodman, Mike Halleran, and Dan Williams, to return at 10:45 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 10:47 a.m.
Commissioners will not hold a Study Session next week.
Motion: To Adjourn.
There being no further business before the Board, the next Action Session will take place on February 9, 2017.
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Master Clerk Lyon County Commission