LYON COUNTY COMMISSION MINUTES
JULY 3, 2014
The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 8:00 a.m. with the following people in attendance:
Scott A. Briggs, Vice Chairman Dan Slater, Commissioner
Tammy Vopat, County Clerk Marc Goodman, County Counselor
Dan Williams, County Controller
*Commissioner Martin is on vacation this week.
Others attending part of the meeting:
Jessie Murphy, Gazette reporter Tracey Karcher, NCRS
Michael Halleran, Asst. Co. Counselor Jeff Cope, Sheriff
Kelsey Fuller, Lyon Co. Conservation Scott Cronk, Police Chief
Darrell Delong, Lyon Co. Conservation Casey Woods, Emporia Main Street
Jo Ann Kuhlmann, Lyon. Co. Conservation
Chuck Samples, KVOE Reporter
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as amended.
Motion: To Approve the Minutes of the 6-26-2014 meeting.
Motion: To Approve Warrants Payable 7-3-2014 in the amount of $189,770.69.
Motion: To Approve Payroll Payable 7-3-2014 in the amount of $223,007.83.
Motion: To Approve Payroll Withholdings Payable 7-3-2014 in the amount of $172,528.90.
Personnel Changes: no action taken.
Permits: No applications received.
• I enjoyed the Reading Tornado Trot and events last weekend.
• The Joint City/County meeting is next week.
• Fair Board meeting is next Monday.
• Community Corrections Advisory Board will meet next week.
• I will be absent the week of July 20th.
• I submitted the 2014 Report of Bonded Indebtedness to the state yesterday, as required. Commissioners and controller received a copy of the report.
• The Primary Election process is moving along as planned. Voter registration books close on July 15th and advance voting starts on July 16th.
• Attended the Lyon County Extension board meeting last evening.
• Working on budgets, most budgets have been submitted.
• I will meet with city representatives next week.
• Insurance cards were received and distributed to employees this week.
• I attended the JEDAC meeting on Tuesday.
• I will be interviewing next week for two open positions.
• I will attend the upcoming Community Corrections Advisory Board meeting.
Jeff Cope presented the 2015 budget for the Sheriff’s Office to the Commissioners. Marc Goodman commented on the training/travel.
Kelsey Fuller and Darrell Delong presented the 2015 budget for the Lyon County Conservation District to the Commissioners.
Casey Woods and Tyler Curtis presented the 2015 budget for Emporia Main Street to the Commissioners.
Motion: To move to NEP Executive Session with Commissioners, Jeff Cope, Marc Goodman, Michael Halleran and Dan Williams, to return at 9:45 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 9:43 a.m.
Public Comment: no one present.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session with Commissioners, Michael Halleran, Dan Williams and Marc Goodman, to return at 10:30 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 10:30 a.m. with request to extend session until 10:45 a.m. Sam Seeley joined the executive session.
Meeting reconvened at *10:55 a.m.
Commission will meet for Study Session at 10:00 a.m. next week on July 9th.
Motion: To Adjourn. Briggs/Slater 2-0
There being no further business before the Board, the next Study Session will take place on July 9, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. and the next Action Session on July 10, 2014.
Tammy Vopat Scott A. Briggs, Vice Chairman
Lyon County Clerk Lyon County Commission