LYON COUNTY COMMISSION MINUTES
APRIL 24, 2014
The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 8:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Scott A. Briggs, Vice Chairman
Dan Slater, Commissioner Tammy Vopat, County Clerk
Marc Goodman, County Counselor Dan Williams, County Controller
Others attending part of the meeting:
Michael Halleran, Asst. Co. Counselor Brian Rees, Lyon Co. Extension Office
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as presented. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Motion: To Approve the Consent Agenda as follows: Slater/Briggs 3-0
a. Approve the Minutes of the 4-17-2014 meeting.
b. Approve Warrants Payable 4-25-2014 in the amount of $772,302.21.
c. Approve Payroll Payable 4-25-2014 in the amount of $230,034.59.
d. Approve Payroll Withholdings Payable 4-25-2014 in the amount of $304,470.01.
e. Approve the low quote from Olpe Service for forty (40) 11-R22.5 drive tires for $393.00 each, for a total amount of $15,720.00 to be paid from the Road & Bridge Fund 011-00-8431.
f. Approve the Noxious Weed Department to accept the herbicide bid from Crop Protection Services in the amount of $143,425.20, to be paid from Fund 026-00-8330.
g. Approve the Chairman to sign the FY2015 KDOC Juvenile Services State Block Grant application in the amount of $422,884.00.
h. Approve the Chairman to sign the Conditions of the FY2015 Grant Agreement between KDOC Juvenile Services and Lyon County, Kansas.
i. Approve the Chairman to sign the FY2015 Adult Grant Award in the amount of $354,515.00.
j. Approve Facilities Department to accept the quote to repair the boiler from Travis Sullivan for an amount not to exceed $2,500.00, to be paid from Fund 010-70-7646-17.
k. Approve Kim Bell to attend the Kansas Association of Senior Corp Directors meeting in Kansas City, Kansas as pay the travel and related expenses from Fund 010-62-7411.
- There will be a meeting at the Kansas Association of Counties Conference on May 7th to discuss improvements to Highway 50.
- I will be attending the Council on Aging meeting on Monday.
- We will hold an Action Session only next week, no Study Session.
- I attended the Flint Hills Economic District meeting in Chapman, Kansas. The focus of the meeting was on transportation.
- I attended a meeting in Reading focusing on improvements in the area.
- I attended a meeting with library board representatives to discuss budgets.
- I also attended the Flint Hills Community Health Center meeting.
- I may be absent for Commission meeting depending on the jury trial next week.
- Next Friday is the law day luncheon in the jury assembly room.
- Wednesday, May 14th I will be in Victim Rights Conference.
- I also met with the library representatives to discuss budgets.
- I will be meeting with representatives to discuss insurance renewals.
- Last week I attended my second year of a four year program for Master Clerk Certification at Sanborn Institute hosted by Wichita State University. Certified County Clerk designation is acquired after three years of training which I achieved. Master Clerk Certification is acquired upon completion of the four year training.
Public Comment: Brian Rees presented the Commission with the Fiscal Conditions and Trends Annual report.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session with Commissioners and Marc Goodman, Michael Halleran and Dan Williams to return at 9:30 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 9:33 a.m. with information and direction.
Commission Martin noted there will be no Study Session next week.
Motion: To Adjourn. Martin/Slater 3-0
There being no further before the Board, the next Action Session will take place on May 1, 2014. There will be no Study Session.
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Clerk Lyon County Commission