LYON COUNTY COMMISSION MINUTES
FEBRUARY 6, 2014
The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 8:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Scott A. Briggs, Vice Chairman
Dan Slater, Commissioner Tammy Vopat, County Clerk
Marc Goodman, County Counselor Dan Williams, County Controller
Others attending part of the meeting:
Michael Halleran, Asst. Co. Counselor Chip Woods, County Engineer
Rick Frevert, Emergency Manager Jeff Cope, Sheriff
Russell Stuckey, Coffey Co. Doug Witteman, Coffey Co. Counselor
Bob Sauerssig, Coffey Co. Commission Ken Combes, Coffey. Co. Commission
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as amended. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Motion: To Approve Warrants Payable 2-7-2014 in the amount of $61,200.64.
No Personnel Changes.
No Permits issued.
Motion: To Approve the Minutes of the 1-30-2014 meeting. Slater/Martin 3-0
• I attended the Soil Conservation meeting on Monday. Congratulations to Wheat and Jones families on their awards.
• Several meetings are scheduled for next week.
• Attended the Soil Conservation meeting on Monday.
• Attended the Flint Hills Regional Council meeting, Lyon County received a Certificate of Appreciation for Lyon County joining the council.
• RDA meeting is next week.
• Last Thursday Jim Brull and I met with RDA Representatives on road issues.
• I attended the Soil Conservation meeting on Monday, congratulations to all the award winners.
• JEDAC meeting is rescheduled for Tuesday.
• Working with auditors.
• Auditors are here this week. Everything is going well
• I talked with Ed Rathke at the City of Emporia. We are changing internet service at the Bowyer Building and Extension Office to Valu Net service.
• RDA meeting is next Friday.
• Several meetings have been rescheduled due to the weather.
Chip Woods discussed the Request for Proposals for bridge inspections. The county has 12 bridges that KDOT requires inspections be performed on this year. This is federally mandated. Chip also discussed the 2012/2013 Comparison Report.
Motion: To Approve the Request for Proposals for the 2014 Fracture Critical Bridge Inspections.
Michael Halleran discussed specific services the Health Department provides to the public which are paid from by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
Motion: To Approve the KDHE Healthy Families Outreach contract with Flint Hills Community Health Center.
Motion: To Approve the 2013 Annual Report of Americus, Emporia and Elmendaro Townships.
Rick Frevert presented a Declaration of Disaster to be signed for state assistance.
Motion: To Approve signing a Declaration of Local Disaster for the February snow storm starting February 3, 2014.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session discussing security with inter-county emergency preparedness personnel. Commissioners, Marc Goodman, Michael Halleran, Jeff Cope, Rick Frevert, Russel Stuckey, Bob Saueressig, Ken Combes and Doug Witteman, to return at 9:30 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 9:30 a.m.
Public Comment: no one present to comment.
Motion: To move to NEP Executive Session with Commissioners and Marc Goodman, to return at 10:05 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 10:07 a.m. with information.
Commissioners will not meet next Wednesday for a Study Session.
Motion: To Adjourn at 10:10 a.m. Briggs/Slater 3-0
There being no further business before the Board the next Action Session on February 13, 2014 at 8:00 a.m.
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Clerk Lyon County Commission