LYON COUNTY COMMISSION MINUTES
OCTOBER 3, 2013
The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 8:00 a.m. in Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Marc Goodman, County Counselor
Scott Briggs, Vice Chairman Lannette S. Linebarger, Deputy Co. Clerk
Dan Slater, Commissioner Dan Williams, Controller
Others attending part of the meeting were:
Brandy Nance, Gazette Reporter Mike Halleran, Ass’t County Counselor
Robert Sullivan, Com. Corrections Director
Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To approve the Agenda as presented. Martin (Briggs) 3-0
Motion: To approve the Consent Agenda as presented. Martin (Slater) 3-0
A. Warrants payable 10-04-13 in the amount of $89,926.91.
Chairman Martin reported:
• Attended the Hartford Harvest Days and participated as a judge for the parade.
• Attended the JEDAC meeting, Tuesday.
• Attended the Lyon County Extension Board meeting Wednesday evening.
• A Thank you to Casey Wood, Mainstreet Director, for his report on Main Streets involvement in Emporia and Lyon County.
• A Thank you to Chip Woods and Betty Rathke for their letters of need in the County application for the ADA/CDBG grant.
• Preparing items for the agenda at next Wednesday’s, October 9, City/County luncheon.
There will be a Study session next week, October 9th.
Commissioner Briggs reported:
• Attended Hartford Harvest Days, Saturday and was also a judge at the parade.
Commissioner Slater reported:
• Was also a judge at Hartford Harvest Days.
• Will attend the PBC meeting next Tuesday.
• A flu shot clinic will be held next Wednesday, October 9th.
Deputy Clerk Linebarger reported:
• Clerk Vopat is attending a CIC meeting in El Dorado.
Controller Williams reported:
• A cash audit was ran in the Treasurer’s office that retiring Treasurer Dora Hartig signed off on. This audit took place for the transition from the retiring Treasurer to the interim Treasurer.
• Met with Ass’t. City Manager Mark McAnarney last Tuesday.
Counselor Goodman reported:
• Attended JEDAC meeting last Tuesday.
• The PBC meeting is next Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m.
• Also, next Tuesday the Technical College will hold a Scholarship Program & Luncheon.
• RDA will be held 1 week from tomorrow, October 11, 2012.
Motion: To approve the Minutes of the 9/26/2013 meeting. Slater (Briggs) 3-0
All three Lyon County Commissioners will attend the Kansas Association of Counties in Wichita with full registration for each Commissioner.
Motion: To approve Commissioner Briggs as a voting delegate and Commissioner Slater as an alternate for KCAMP at the KAC Convention. Martin (Slater) 3-0
The Commission discussed Hartford State Bank’s Resolution of Lodge, Association or other similar organization. After the discussion, directions were given for the Chairman to sign this document.
Motion: To approve Timecard plus Time/Attendance/ and Scheduling package for Road & Bridge and Law Enforcement in the amount of $17,972.57 to be paid from Fund [011-00-9003 and 10-17-9001] to be split evenly. Briggs (Slater) 3-0
After much discussion, the Commission tabled the consideration of Lyon County joining the Flint Hills Economic Development District for two (2) weeks.
Motion: Executive session: on legal – with 3 Commissioners, Counselor Goodman, Ass’t Counselor Halleran and Community Corrections Director Robert Sullivan returning at 9:30 a.m. Martin (Slater) 3-0
The meeting reconvened at 9:30 a.m. with information only.
Public Comment – no one present to comment.
Motion: Executive session: on nonelected personnel – with the 3 Commissioners returning at 10:05 a.m. Martin (Briggs) 3-0
The meeting reconvened at 10:07*a.m.
Motion: there being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 10:09 a.m. Martin (Slater) 3-0
The Board will meet at the next Study Session on October 9 and then at the Action Session on October 10, 2013.
Lannette S. Linebarger Rollie Martin, Chairman
Deputy Lyon County Clerk Lyon County Commission