LYON COUNTY COMMISSION MINUTES
SEPTEMBER 19, 2013
The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 8:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance.
Rollie Martin, Chairman Scott A. Briggs, Vice Chairman
Dan Slater, Commissioner Tammy Vopat, County Clerk
Marc Goodman, County Counselor Dan Williams, County Controller
Others attending part of the meeting:
Mike Halleran, Asst. County Counselor Brandy Nance, Gazette Reporter
Mark McKenna, Facilities Manager Doug Stueve, Dept. on Aging
Chuck Samples, KVOE Reporter Rick Frevert, Emergency Manager
Jeff Cope, Sheriff
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as amended. Martin/Slater 3-0
Motion: To Approve the Consent Agenda as follows: Briggs/Martin 3-0
A. Minutes of the 9-12-2013 meeting.
B. Warrants Payable 9-20-2013 in the amount of $243,261.98.
C. Approve the Payroll correction from 9-16-2013 of $166.21.
D. Approve the Payroll Withholdings correction from 9-16-2013 of $71.56.
E. Approve Chip Woods to attend the KAC Conference in Wichita, Kansas on October 29-31, 2013 and pay the $225.00 registration and related expenses from the Road & Bridge Fund 011-00-7420.
F. Approve Road & Bridge Department to send out a request for proposals for one (1) precast concrete box culvert.
• Monday is the Council on Aging meeting.
• I attended the Lyon County Farm Bureau annual meeting.
• I will attend Dr. Shonrock’s ESU Leadership reception on Monday evening.
• State officials and local representatives will be discussing local flooding issues on the Cottonwood River on Tuesday, Sept. 24th, 10:00 a.m. at the Bowyer Community Building.
• A Public Hearing on Lyon County’s Application for a CDBG Grant with ADA Applications will be held on Wednesday, October 9th at 10:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers.
• The retirement reception for Dora Hartig is next Friday.
• Preparing a letter for the fairgrounds improvement meeting.
• I attended the ECKAN meeting in Ottawa on Tuesday.
• There are several meetings scheduled for next week. I will attend the Cottonwood River flooding meeting next Tuesday and the RSVP meeting on Thursday.
• I have been called to report for jury duty next Monday.
• Friday is Dora Hartig’s retirement reception.
• I will attend Dr. Shonrock’s ESU Leadership reception.
• I attended the Fair Board picnic on Sunday evening.
• I attended the RDA meeting last Friday.
• I plan to attend the Cottonwood River flood meeting also.
• I will be judging the parade at Hartford Harvest Day’s on September 28th.
• Tuesday I attended a meeting at ESU focusing on Wolf Creek.
• I attended the Crime Stoppers meeting.
• I will try to attend the ESU Leadership reception.
• I attended the “Night out Against Crime” activities.
• Best wishes to Matt Zimmerman on his new position in Missouri.
• The Appraiser’s office recertified personal property values yesterday. No change in oil values, personal property values were up slightly as well as truck values.
• I attended the RDA meeting on Friday.
• We received quotes for the time clock system and working with CIC to determine programming and integration into the system.
• Cash audit needs to be performed in the treasurer’s office.
• Working on numbers for dispatch.
Motion: To Adopt Resolution 11-13, a Resolution concerning the privatization of roadwork in
incorporated cities in Lyon County. Briggs/Slater 3-0
Motion: To Approve Facilities Department purchase of a B&G HD3AB Booster Pump from McCoy Sales Company in the amount of $2,130.53, to be paid from Fund 010-70-7646-20.
Motion: To move to NEP Executive Session with Commissioners and Mark McKenna, to return
at 8:55 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 9:00 a.m.
Motion: To move to NEP Executive Session with Commissioners and Doug Stueve, to return
at 9:15 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 9:20 a.m.
Motion: To move to NEP Executive Session with Commissioners, Marc Goodman, Dan Williams
and Mike Halleran, to return at 9:30 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 9:30 a.m.
Public Comment: no one present.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session with Commissioners, Marc Goodman, Rick Frevert, Jeff Cope, Dan Williams and Mike Halleran, to return at 10:20 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 10:20 a.m.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session with Commissioners, Marc Goodman, Mike
Halleran and Dan Williams, to return at 10:45 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 10:47 a.m.
Motion: To Adjourn at 10:48 a.m. Slater/Briggs 3-0
There being no further business before the Board the meeting was adjourned. The next Action Session will take place on September 26, 2013. No Study Session.
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Certified Clerk Lyon County Commission