LYON COUNTY COMMISSION MINUTES
SEPTEMBER 12, 2013
The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 8:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Scott A. Briggs, Vice Chairman
Dan Slater, Commissioner Tammy Vopat, County Clerk
Marc Goodman, County Counselor Dan Williams, County Controller
Others attending part of the meeting:
Lanny Linebarger, Deputy Clerk Brandy Nance, Gazette Reporter
Mike Halleran, Asst. Co. Counselor Chip Woods, County Engineer
Bruce Boettcher, BG Consulting Sam Seeley, Zoning
Laurie Redeker, Human Resources John Flott, resident
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as amended. Martin/Slater 3-0
Motion: To Approve the Minutes of the 9-5-2013 meeting. Briggs/Slater 3-0
Motion: To Approve Warrants Payable 9-13-2013 in the amount of $65,094.66.
Motion: To Approve Payroll Payable 9-13-2013 in the amount of $216,956.43.
Motion: To Approve Payroll Withholdings Payable 9-13-2013 in the amount of $162,035.76.
Motion: To Approve the Personnel Change Authorizations for 9-12-2013. Briggs/Slater 3-0
- Last Thursday I attended the CPER’S meeting in Topeka.
- Attended Fair Board meeting on Monday.
- Wednesday I attended a meeting at ESU focusing on transportation needs.
- RDA meeting is tomorrow.
- Reminder September 24th is a scheduled meeting at the Bowyer Building to discuss flooding issues with legislators.
- Commission received a safety review from KCAMP.
- We need to fill the unexpired term for the Metropolitan Area Planning Appeals Board.
- ECKAN meeting is next week.
- I have been called for jury duty later this month.
- RSVP annual dinner meeting is next week also.
- I was asked to be a judge at the Hartford Parade.
- The City of Olpe is working on a Neighborhood Revitalization program.
- Visited with Lyon County Health Department personnel.
- I viewed a demo on a time and attendance software system, Time Center.
- I am cross training on the payroll process.
- Tuesday was Community Corrections Advisory board meeting.
- I attended the Family Solutions court session which was very impressive.
- I attended a DMC board meeting with Robert Sullivan.
- The RDA meeting is tomorrow.
- The week of November 11th I will be absent from Commission meeting.
Chip Woods discussed the letter from Gary & Martha Jones regarding Road K7 to the Olpe City Lake flooding issue. Commission discussed several different options and costs involved. Commission agreed to schedule a viewing of the area in the next few weeks.
Marc Goodman, County Attorney discussed a donation of $250.00 from Drug/Forfeiture Fund 85 to the Halloween Event at the Flinthills Mall.
Motion: To Approve a donation of $250.00 from the County Attorney Drug/Forfeiture Fund
85 to the Halloween Event at the Flinthills Mall. Slater/Martin 3-0
Bruce Boettcher, BG Consultants gave Commissioners an update on the Anderson Building Grant. Late October is the deadline to submit the grant application.
Motion: To Adopt Resolution 10-13, a Resolution redistricting the Commission Districts of
Lyon County, Kansas. Briggs/Martin 3-0
Note: Precinct #1 was moved from Commission District #2 to District #1.
Motion: To Amend the Agenda to allow for a Legal Executive Session. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session with Commissioners, Marc Goodman, Mike
Halleran and Dan Williams, to return at 9:30 a.m. Martin/Slater 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 9:30 a.m. with information.
Public Comment: no one present.
Motion: To move to NEP Executive Session with Commissioners and Laurie Redeker, to
return at 10:00 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 9:55 a.m.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session with Commissioners, Marc Goodman, Dan
Williams and Mike Halleran, to return at 10:30 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 10:30 a.m. with a request to return at 10:45 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 10:45 a.m. with information.
Motion: To move to NEP Executive Session with Commissioners, to return at
11:15 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 11:15 a.m.
John Flott talked to Commissioners about mineral rights owned by the county.
Motion: To Adjourn. Martin/Slater 3-0
There being no further business before the Board the meeting was adjourned at 11:35 a.m. The next Study Session will take place on September 18, 2013 and the next Action Session on September 19, 2013.
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Clerk Lyon County Commission