LYON COUNTY COMMISSION MINUTES
SEPTEMBER 05, 2013
The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 8:00 a.m. in Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Marc Goodman, County Counselor
Dan Slater, Commissioner Lannette S. Linebarger, Deputy Co. Clerk
Dan Williams, Controller
Others attending part of the meeting were:
Brandy Nance, Gazette Reporter Mike Halleran, Ass’t County Counselor
Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To approve the Agenda as presented. Martin (Slater) 2-0
Motion: To approve the Consent Agenda as presented. Slater (Martin) 2-0
- Approve Minutes of the 08/29/2013 meeting.
- Approve District Court to purchase 4 Lathem LTT Time & Date Stamp machines from Heartland Office Systems in the amount of $2,400.00 to be paid from Fund [017-00-9009].
- Approve District Court to purchase the FullCourt server and related equipment from Advantage Computer not to exceed $10,500 to paid from Fund [017-00-9009].
- Approve the Chairman to sign the Transfer of Property Agreements with North Central Regional Planning Commission to Lyon County Board of Commissioners, Computer Invoice 10-NEK130422.001; Invoice 10-NEK121204.001; Konica Digital Copier Invoice 10-NEK130429.001.
Chairman Martin reported:
• Attended the JEDAC meeting Tuesday morning.
• Attended the Lyon County Extension Board meeting Wednesday evening.
• K-State Research and Extension is conducting a Community Board Leadership services in October. This series is for all types of individuals that serve on all types of governing boards.
• Attended the joint Newman Regional Health and County Commission meeting yesterday. The tour of the new MRI machine and the cardiology department was impressive.
• The County Commission is accepting applications on the Metropolitan Area Planning Board to fill the vacant County’s position on the Board.
Commissioner Slater reported:
• Also attended the joint Newman Regional Health/County Commission meeting and toured the cardiology department as well.
• Purchased a new phone.
• The Transfer Station’s floor is deteriorating.
Controller Williams reported:
• Also, attended the Newman Regional Health/County Board meeting and toured the MRI & Cath. Laboratory.
• Had a conference call on the Rural Water District grant.
• Received an e-mail on environmental water assessment.
Counselor Goodman reported:
• Also attended the JEDAC meeting Tuesday morning.
• Attended Newman Regional Health/County Board meeting and also toured the MRI & Cath. Lab
• RDA next Friday.
Deputy Clerk Linebarger reported:
• Clerk Vopat’s husband had hip replacement surgery yesterday and is doing great.
Motion: Approve Warrants Payable 09/06/2013 in the amount of $188,614.24.
Slater (Martin) 2-0
Motion: Approve changes to the Employees Cafeteria 125 Plan with the Chairman signing
the proper papers. Slater (Martin) 2-0
Motion: Approve and provide the transfer of title on the 1999 Ford Crown Victoria for the Flint Hills Health Department. This automobile is to be used as a trade in.
Slater (Martin) 2-0
Public Comment – no one present to comment.
Motion: There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was
adjourned at 8:46 a.m. Martin (Slater) 2-0
The Board will meet at the next Action Session on September 12, 2013.
Lannette S. Linebarger Rollie Martin, Chairman
Deputy Lyon County Clerk Lyon County Commission