LYON COUNTY COMMISSION MINUTES
AUGUST 15, 2013
The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 8:00 a.m. in Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Marc Goodman, County Counselor
Scott Briggs, Vice Chairman Lannette S. Linebarger, Deputy Co. Clerk
Dan Slater, Commissioner Dan Williams, Controller
Others attending part of the meeting were:
Laurie Redeker, HR Director Mike Halleran, Ass’t County Counselor
Mark McKenna, Facilities Manager Chris Wilkinson, Facilities
Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To approve the Agenda as amended. Martin (Slater) 3-0
Motion: to approve the Consent Agenda as presented. Slater (Briggs) 3-0
A. Minutes of 08/08/13 meeting.
B. Approve Warrants Payable 08-16-13, in the amount of $275,308.36.
C. Approve Payroll Payable for 08-16-13, in the amount of $220,327.50.
D. Approve Payroll Withholdings Payable for 08-16-13, in the amount of $293,947.37.
E. Approve the quote from Foley Equipment for a used 2007 Caterpillar 140H Motor grader and trade-in Unit D-92, a 2004 John Deere grader, with a total cost of $103,500.00 to be paid from the Multi Year Fund [017-00-9026].
F. Approve the quote from Broyles Petroleum Equipment Co. to replace and upgrade the fuel station at the Highway Department for a total cost of $42,198.95 to be paid from the Multi Year Fund (of the Road & Bridge Fund [017-00-9026]).
G. Approve Emergency Management purchasing bottled water for Rural Water District #4 for distribution. Note: Rural Water will reimburse the County for water purchased. Walmart of Emporia contributed bottled water to the Water District #4 in the amount of $450.00.
Chairman Martin reported:
• Hwy improvement on 99 working well, reducing flood damage.
• Attended and participated in the 2013 Lyon County Fair.
• Attended a presentation on a Flint Hills Economic Development District.
• Attended the Special City/County luncheon Wednesday. I have been appointed to a joint City/County Dispatch Consolidating Committee to work out details of the possibility of Lyon County taking over all dispatch responsibilities for the County.
• A big Thank you to Wal-mart of Emporia for contributing $450.00 for bottled water to Water District #4.
• Newman Regional Health Board positions available.
Vice Chairman Briggs reported:
• Friday, attended RDA meeting
• Monday, met with Bill Mannis & Jim Brull and viewed roads and bridges.
• Wednesday, attended the Special City/County luncheon with a presentation by the Flint Hills Economic Development District.
Dan Slater reported:
• Newman Regional Health is in search of a County Health Administrator.
• Met with Chief Cronk and Sheriff Cope about all dispatch going through Lyon County.
• Attended the Flint Hills Economic Development District Presentation.
Counselor Goodman reported:
• Friday, also attended the RDA meeting.
• Wednesday, also attended the Special City/County meeting.
Controller Williams reported:
• Attended a Time & Attendance demonstration. Both the Sheriff’s Department and the Road & Bridge Department are looking at Time & Attendance software companies that are compatible with CIC.
• Will attend CIC training.
Deputy County Clerk Linebarger reported:
• Clerk Vopat is attending the CIC Symposium in Wichita.
Motion: Approve Facilities purchasing an Electric Actuator from Process Equipment & Controls, Inc. not to exceed $2,600.00 to be paid from [010-70-7646-10]. Slater (Briggs) 3-0
Motion: Executive session: On nonelected personnel with the 3 Commissioners and Ass’t
Counselor Halleran for 15 minutes returning at 8:55 a.m. Martin (Briggs) 3-0
The meeting reconvened at 8:57 a.m.
Motion: Executive session: On nonelected personnel with the 3 Commissioners and HR Director Redeker. For 15 minutes returning at 9:15 a.m. Martin (Slater) 3-0
The meeting reconvened at 9:17 a.m.
Motion: Executive session: On nonelected personnel with the 3 Commissioners and Ass’t Counselor Halleran returning at 9:30 a.m. Martin (Briggs) 3-0
The meeting reconvened at 9:30 a.m. with information and directions given to Ass’t Counselor Halleran.
Public Comment – no one present to comment.
Motion: Executive session: On legal – with the 3 Commissioners, Counselor Goodman and Ass’t Counselor Halleran returning at 10:10 a.m. Martin (Briggs) 3-0
The meeting reconvened at 10:12*a.m. with information only.
Motion: Executive session: On nonelected personnel with the 3 Commissioners, Counselor Goodman and Ass’t Counselor Halleran returning at 10:30 a.m. Briggs (Martin) 3-0
The meeting reconvened at 10:33*a.m.
Motion: There being no further business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 10:35 a.m. Martin (Briggs) 3-0
The Board will meet at the next Study Session on August 21 and then at the Action Session on August 22, 2013.
Lannette S. Linebarger Rollie Martin, Chairman
Deputy Lyon County Clerk Lyon County Commission