LYON COUNTY COMMISSION MINUTES
JUNE 6, 2013
The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 8:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Dan Slater, Commissioner
Tammy Vopat, County Clerk Marc Goodman, County Counselor
Dan Williams, County Controller
*Commissioner Scott Briggs attending a Commission on Emergency Planning and Response meeting in Topeka, Kansas.
Others attending part of the meeting:
Mike Halleran, Asst. Co. Counselor
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as amended. Martin/Slater 2-0
Motion: To Approve the Consent Agenda as follows: Slater/Martin 2-0
a. Approve the minutes of the 5-30-2013 meeting.
b. Approve Warrants Payable 6-7-2013 in the amount of $89,495.26.
c. Approve Payroll Payable 6-7-2013 in the amount of $217,193.08.
d. Approve Payroll Withholdings Payable 6-7-2013 in the amount of $
e. Approve Facilities Mgr., Mark McKenna to purchase infra-red detectors with
new light curtains on west jail elevator from Interstate Elevator Company, in
the amount of $2,498.00, to be paid from Fund 010-70-7646-17.
• I attended the JEDAC meeting on Tuesday.
• I attended the Lyon County Extension Executive Board meeting. A new horticulturist, Travis Carmichael has been hired to replace Amy Jordan.
• The City of Emporia has lifted the water restrictions.
• I will attend meetings this afternoon at the Bowyer Building and the Hostess Bakery.
• I will be attending the Americus Day’s celebration this weekend.
• Attended the JEDAC meeting on Tuesday.
• I will attend the RDA meeting on Friday.
• I provided a listing of the May 2013 expenditures from the Diversion Fund for the Commission.
• I will be participating in a conference call with Standard & Poor’s to work on certifying the county bond rating.
• I was on vacation last week.
• I received the 2014 Holiday Schedule from District Court. The Commission will need to set the holiday schedule for the county.
• Working on valuation estimates, state assessed values are due June 15th. Real estate valuation increased from last year.
• CIC Representative met with Department Heads to discuss our software system. Many small issues were resolved and training was encouraged.
• I have notified adjoining landowners of the fence viewing set for June 26th.
• I am processing a Road Vacation application submitted by Clint Davis.
• Friday I will be attending the Northeast Kansas County Officials meeting in Doniphan County.
• Next week Deputy Linebarger will record the minutes, I will be attending the Sanborn Institute Master Clerk training in Wichita on Thursday and Friday.
Motion: To Adopt Resolution 06-13, a Resolution Establishing a Compensation Table for Election Workers for Lyon County, Kansas, pursuant to K.S.A. 25-2811.
Motion: To move to NEP Executive Session with Commissioners, Mike Halleran, Marc Goodman and Dan Williams, to return at 8:45 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 8:40 a.m.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session with Commissioners, Marc Goodman and Dan Williams, to return at 8:55 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 8:48 a.m. with instruction to County Counselor.
Public Comment: no one present to comment.
Motion: To move to NEP Executive Session with Commissioners, Sam Seeley and Medalia Rodriguez, to return at 9:05 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 9:00 a.m.
Motion: To Adjourn. Martin/Slater 2-0
There being no further business before the Board, the next Study Session will take place on May 12, 2013 and the next Action Session on May 13, 2013.
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Clerk Lyon County Commission