LYON COUNTY COMMISSION MINUTES
APRIL 4, 2013
The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 8:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Scott Briggs, Vice Chairman
Dan Slater, Commissioner Tammy Vopat, County Clerk
Marc Goodman, County Counselor Dan Williams, County Controller
Others attending part of the meeting:
Mike Halleran, Asst. County Counselor Kay Calvert, LWV
Call to Order/Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as amended. Martin/Slater 3-0
Motion: To Approve the Consent Agenda as follows: Slater/Martin 3-0
a. Approve the minutes of the 3-28-2013 meeting.
b. Approve Warrants Payable 4-5-2013 in the amount of $190,667.60.
c. Approve Sam Seeley attending the Kansas Association of Counties Planning
and Zoning Officials Conference in Wichita, Kansas and paying the $100.00
registration fee and related expenses from Fund 010-15-7164.
- Reviewed month end reports.
- I attended the RDA meeting on Friday morning.
- The dedication of the Reading Community Center will take place this evening.
- I attended the JEDAC meeting last Tuesday.
- I attended Lyon County Extension Board meeting.
- Thank you to Clerk Vopat for another successful election. The canvass is scheduled for Monday, April 8th.
- Flint Hills Health Department has opted to hire a health insurance provider and will not be covered under Lyon County health insurance.
- The 2013 April Election was very successful despite the low 18% turn-out, the process was well planned and organized. I want to thank my Election Workers at the polls, my Election Staff, I.T. Dept., Security, Election Support Staff and the media for their hard work. Also thank you to the League of Women Voters volunteer for providing assistance with mobile voting. The reconciliation of the election will be presented to the Board of Canvassers on Monday, April 8th at 9:00 a.m. in Commission Chambers.
- I attended the Victims Rights Conference in Wichita.
- Monday I spoke with Mr. Coats in response to questions he had related to Waterloo Township.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session with Commissioners, Marc Goodman, Mike Halleran and Dan Williams, to return at 8:45 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 8:45 a.m. with information.
Public Comment: no one present.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session with Commissioners, Marc Goodman, Mike Halleran and Dan Williams, to return at 9:15 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 9:15 a.m. with information.
Commission will not hold a study session next week.
Motion: To Adjourn. Martin/Slater 3-0
There being no further business before the Board, there will be no Study Session, the next Action Session on April 11, 2013.
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Clerk Lyon County Commission