LYON COUNTY COMMISSION MINUTES
MARCH 28, 2013
The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 8:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Scott Briggs, Vice Chairman
Dan Slater, Commissioner Tammy Vopat, County Clerk
Marc Goodman, County Counselor Dan Williams, County Controller
Others attending part of the meeting:
Mike Halleran, Asst. Co. Counselor Ben Fitch, Gazette Reporter
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as Amended. Martin/Slater 3-0
Motion: To Approve the minutes of the 3-21-13 minutes as corrected.
Motion: To Approve Warrants Payable 3-29-13 in the amount of $160,947.27.
Motion: To Approve Payroll Payable 3-29-13 in the amount of $232,418.37.
Motion: To Approve Payroll Withholdings Payable 3-29-13 in the amount of $143,207.14
- Participated in delivering Meals on Wheels on Tuesday.
- I will attend a special RDA meeting Friday morning.
- I participated in delivering Meals on Wheels on Tuesday also.
- Attended Council on Aging meeting on Monday. Focus of the discussion was on funding.
- April 3rd is the joint meeting with Newman Regional Hospital.
- Next Tuesday is JEDAC meeting.
- I encourage everyone to get out and vote.
- I enjoyed participating with delivering Meals on Wheels on Tuesday. Thank you to the media for their coverage and promotion.
- I did not attend the Flint Hills Health Department board meeting. I was not informed of the meeting in time.
- The election is going well, I will teach 2 three hour sessions of election school tomorrow.
- I have generated the motor vehicle estimates and submitted them to the treasurer.
- Reminder, the Canvass of the 2013 General Election will take place on April 8, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. in the Lyon County Commission Chambers.
- My election staff will be working on Saturday to print the poll books and ready the supplies to be issued on Monday.
- Sales tax numbers for March are ahead of last year.
- Value-Net is testing and cutting over next week on the phone system.
- Payroll was processed successfully.
- Received a letter from the state requesting the KDEM reimbursement.
- I will be attending a Victim’s Rights Conference next week in Wichita and unable to attend the JEDAC and NRH meetings that week.
- The next RDA meeting is April 12th.
- Legislation issues continue.
Motion: To Adopt Resolution 05-13, a Resolution Authorizing Foreclosure of Tax Liens and Sale of Real Property for Collection of Delinquent Taxes.
Motion: To move to Proprietary Legal Executive Session with Commissioners, Marc
Goodman and Mike Halleran, to return at 9:10 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 9:10 a.m. with a request for an extension, to return at 9:30 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 9:30 a.m. with information.
Public Comment: no one present.
Motion: To move to NEP with Commissioners and Marc Goodman, to return at 10:00 a.m.
Meeting reconvened at 10:00 a.m.
Commission discussed the agenda item time slots. Next week’s study session is scheduled from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
Motion: To Adjourn.
There being no further business before the Board, the next Study Session will take place on April 3, 2013 and the next Action Session on April 4, 2013.
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Clerk Lyon County Commission