LYON COUNTY COMMISSION MINUTES
MARCH 7, 2013
The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 8:00 a.m. with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Dan Slater, Commissioner
Tammy Vopat, County Clerk Dan Williams, County Controller
Mike Halleran, Asst. Co. Counselor
*Scott Briggs, Vice Chairman not present for the commission meeting, attending the Commission on Emergency Planning & Response meeting in Topeka, Ks.
Others attending the meeting:
Kay Calvert, LWV Chuck Samples, KVOE
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as amended. Slater/Martin 2-0
Motion: To Approve the Consent Agenda as follows: Martin/Slater 2-0
a) Approve the minutes of the 2-28-2013 meeting.
b) Approve Warrants Payable 3-8-2013 in the amount of $207,835.22
c) Approve Chip Woods attending the 2013 Kansas Transportation Engineering Conference in Manhattan on April 9 & 10, 2013 and pay the $115.00 registration and related travel expenses from Fund 011-00-7420.
d) Approve the purchase by Tammy Vopat, County Clerk, for an Asus F75VD-EB51 Notebook from NewEgg.com in the amount of $699.99 to be paid from Fund 017-00-9001. This laptop computer will be used for duties performed by the PIO, County Clerk and Election Officer.
e) Approve the Sheriff’s Department purchase of new uniforms for $19,000.00 to be paid from the Sheriff’s Drug Forfeiture Fund. Money in this fund is a non-tax fund of the Sheriff’s Department.
• I was unable to attend the ECKAN meeting.
• I attended the Health Department board meeting on Tuesday.
• I attended the JEDAC meeting on Tuesday.
• On Wednesday I attended meetings with the Fairgrounds Management Team, the Fairgrounds Improvement Committee meeting and the Lyon County Extension Board meeting.
• The League of Women Voters Eggs & Issues session with County Commissioners will take place on Saturday April 20th at the Lyon County Annex.
• No report.
• Month end is complete and auditors are finishing up.
• If you need to change your voter registration or to register to vote, the deadline is Tuesday, March 12th at 5:00 p.m. Advance voting will start on Wednesday, March 13th. The election process is moving along as planned.
Motion: To Appoint Tracey Graham as the Lyon County Representative to the Natural Resources Advisory Board for the term expiring December 31, 2015.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session with Commissioners and Mike Halleran, to return at 8:40 a.m. Martin/Slater 2-0
Meeting reconvened at 8:40 a.m. with information.
Motion: To move to NEP Executive Session with Commissioners and Betty Rust, to return at 9:00 a.m. Martin/Slater 2-0
Meeting reconvened at 8:55 a.m.
Break until 9:45 a.m.
Public Comment: no one present.
Motion: To Adjourn. Martin/Slater 2-0
There being no further business before the Board, the next Study Session will take place on March 13, 2013 and the next Action Session on March 14, 2013.
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Clerk Lyon County Commission