The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 8:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman Scott A. Briggs, Vice Chairman
Dan Slater, Commissioner Nadine M. Buell, Deputy Co. Clerk
Marc Goodman, County Counselor Dan Williams, County Controller
Michael Halleran, Asst. Co. Counselor
Others attending the meeting:
Tagan Trahoon, KVOE reporter Ryann Brooks, Gazette reporter
Chip Woods, County Engineer Mark McKenna, Facilities Dir
Bruce Boettcher, BG Consultants
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as presented. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Motion: To Approve the Minutes of the 2-14-2019 meeting as amended. Slater/Briggs 3-0
Motion: To Approve Warrants Payable 2-22-2019 in the amount of $326,977.87. Slater/Briggs 3-0
Motion: To Approve Payroll Payable 2-22-2019 in the amount of $266,603.50.
Motion: To Approve Payroll Withholdings Payable 2-22-2019 in the amount of $366,347.00. Martin/Slater 3-0
Appointments: no action taken.
Personnel changes: no action taken.
Permits: no applications received.
• I canceled the meeting in Onaga for the Flint Hills Regional Council meeting due to the weather; which was my final meeting.
• Attended the Strategic Planning meeting this morning.
• I attended the Founders Day luncheon last week Friday at Emporia State University. Dr. Allison Garrett presented to the County and City a plaque. This was for their appreciation of the investment made by the City of Emporia and Lyon County into ESU’s Presidential Scholarship program surpassing the combined one-million-dollar mark for the last three years.
• Attending the Tech Hub Innovation meeting on Thursday.
• Attending the Senior Citizens meeting next week Monday.
• There is a zoning change that will be presented to the Board to have a cell tower put out west of Emporia. I had a request to meet with some local residents on Friday to look over the situation. They will probably be filing a protest with that change in zoning. This will be coming up in March. It has passed the Zoning Board.
• No Report.
• No Report.
• I attended an SOS meeting last week Friday.
• Auditors will be here this week.
Chip Woods presented Commissioners with a request Establishing a Weight Limit on certain bridges, sending out request for complete signs, sign blanks, and electrocut film, recycling trailer reports, and comparison expenses report.
Motion: To Approve Resolution 3-19, A Resolution Establishing a Weight Limit on Certain Bridges. Briggs/Slater 3-0
Note: Posting weight limit on ten (10) bridges and removing the weight limits on eighteen (18) bridges to comply with Federal Law.
Motion: To Approve sending out requests for Complete Signs, Sign Blanks, and Electrocut Film, according to the County Engineer’s Specifications.
Mark McKenna and Bruce Boettcher presented Commissioners with an Agreement for design and replacement of the Hot Water Heating System and Trane Chiller for the Lyon County Jail.
Motion: To Approve the design and replacement payment agreement with BG Consultants for the Hot Water Plant Replacement for the Lyon County Jail in the amount of $9,200.00 to be paid out of Fund 017-00-9021.
Motion: To Approve the design and replacement payment agreement with BG Consultants for the Trane Chiller for the Lyon County Jail in the amount of $14,400.00 to be paid out of Fund 017-00-9021. Briggs/Slater 3-0
Motion: To move to Legal Proprietary Executive Session with Commissioners, Counselor Goodman, Counselor Halleran and Dan Williams, to return at 9:30 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 9:30 a.m.
Public comment: no one present.
Motion: To move to Non-Elected Personnel Executive Session with Commissioners, to return at 10:30 a.m. Martin/Briggs 3-0
Meeting reconvened at 10:35 a.m.
Dan Williams presented Commissioners with donating the mail stuffer to the City of Emporia.
Recessed to go look at the mail stuffer.
The Commissioners agreed to donate the mail stuffer to the City of Emporia.
Motion: To Adjourn. Martin/Slater 3-0
There being no further business before the Board, the next Action Session will take place on February 28, 2019.
Nadine M Buell Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Deputy Clerk Lyon County Commission