The Board of Lyon County Commissioners met in Action Session at 8:00 a.m. in the Commission Chambers with the following people in attendance:
Rollie Martin, Chairman *Dan Slater, Vice Chairman-absent
Scott A. Briggs, Commissioner Tammy Vopat, County Clerk
Marc Goodman, County Counselor Dan Williams, County Controller
Michael Halleran, Asst. Co. Counselor
Others attending the meeting:
Ryann Brooks, Gazette reporter Teagan Trahoon, KVOE reporter
Bruce Boettcher, BG Consultants, Inc. Phil Mott, resident
Sam Seeley, Zoning
Call to Order / Pledge of Allegiance
Motion: To Approve the Agenda as presented. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Motion: To Approve the Minutes of the 9-13-2018 meeting as amended.
Motion: To Approve Warrants Payable 9-21-2018 in the amount of $294,823.33. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Motion: To Approve Payroll Payable 9-21-2018 in the amount of $276,028.00.
Motion: To Approve Payroll Withholdings Payable 9-21-2018 in the amount of $376,657.49. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Dan Williams informed the Commission of a purchase order that needs to be cancelled as the amount is no longer owed, the project is complete.
Motion: To Approve cancelling purchase order #11708 dated 2-22-2016 to BG Consultants, Inc. in the amount of $1,354.00. Briggs/Martin 2-0
Personnel changes: no action taken.
Permits: no applications received.
• I will attend the Council on Aging meeting on Monday.
• I received a call from a citizen on an L-CAT issue.
• I received a letter from the City of Eureka to thank Lyon County for all the assistance for the help during the tornado.
• Monday I participated in a conference call with the Flint Hills Regional Council Board meeting and will attend the meeting in Wamego tomorrow.
• I contacted legislators for the legislative meeting with Commissioners.
• Monday I attended the Road & Bridge demonstration of the new equipment for cleaning culverts.
• Commissioner Slater and I attended the RDA meeting last Friday.
• I attended the Northeast County Official meeting in Leavenworth County on Friday. Lyon County will host this event next fall.
• I will attend a workshop for tax next week.
• Next Friday I will receive the State Assessed Utility Certification and begin preparing the tax roll.
• October 1st we will set up the election for the Emporia High School Homecoming election.
• I scheduled the PBC Annual Meeting for October 3rd at 6:00 p.m.
• Yesterday I announced that we will offer Saturday voting on October 20th at the Flint Hills Mall from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
• We will also provide assistance with the Lyon County Extension election.
• Reminder the flu clinic is October 12th.
• Meeting with Blue Cross Blue Shield and IMA next week.
Bruce Boettcher presented Commissioners with an update on the Lyon County Rural Water District #1.
Motion: To Approve the Contractor’s Application for Payment No. 5 to Goins Enterprises in the amount of $97,190.60. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Motion: To Approve the Contractor’s Application for Payment No. 3 to Phoenix Fabricators & Erectors, LLC in the amount of $64,125.00. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Motion: To move to Non-Elected Personnel Executive Session for evaluations with Commissioners, to return at 9:00 a.m. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Meeting reconvened at 9:00 a.m.
Motion: To move to Legal Proprietary Executive Session with Commissioners, Michael Halleran and Dan Williams, to return at 9:20 a.m. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Meeting reconvened at 9:20 a.m.
Motion: To move to Legal Proprietary Executive Session with Commissioners, Marc Goodman and Dan Williams, to return at 9:35 a.m. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Meeting reconvened at 9:37 a.m.
Public Comment: Phil Mott commented on the Lyon County Comprehensive Plan. Phil was concerned about the zoning portion of the plan and the 40 acre requirements and other issues in the county.
Motion: To move to Legal Executive Session with Commissioners with Michael Halleran, Dan Williams, Sam Seeley and Marc Goodman, to return at 10:30 a.m. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Meeting reconvened at 10:33 a.m.
Motion: To move Legal Attorney/Client Executive Session with Commissioners, Michael Halleran and Dan Williams, to return at 10:45 a.m. Martin/Briggs 2-0
Meeting reconvened at 10:45 a.m.
Motion: To Adjourn. Martin/Briggs 2-0
There being no further business before the Board, the next Action Session will take place on September 27, 2018.
Tammy Vopat Rollie Martin, Chairman
Lyon County Master Clerk Lyon County Commission